Students in Years 3 to 6 are invited
to take part in Tell Me a Story competition.
Tell me a Story competition is a local
competition that has been running successfully in the Great Lakes area since
2018 and is very popular with students.
- Support schools in their effort to improve students’ literacy level;
- Increase children’s creativity and confidence;
- Provide out-of-school opportunities for students where they can experiment and put their skills to the test;
- Help the children to discover passion through a fun creative process.
Competition values: “Celebrating learning”.
Competition objective: Encourage students to have a go and discover joy in writing and illustrating.
elements of the competition:
- Tell Me a Story competition invites schools in the same district to participate;
- All students participating in the writing competition receive a feedback from judges and a certificate. There are trophies and cash prizes for top entries;
- Illustration competition follows the writing competition and is based on top stories from the writing competition;
- Winners are announced in a local newspaper, published on Tell Me a Story website and on Facebook;
- All participating illustrations are exhibited in a local art gallery, with reference to stories;
- Funds are raised in the local community, raising awareness and gaining support from the community.
- There is one final ceremony for Tell Me a Story writing and illustration competitions.
Tell Me a Story writing competition logo is copy right protected