Students may write their short story on any idea that appeals to them.
Stories by Year 7-9 students (Section 1) should not be longer than 1,000 words.
Stories by Year 5-6 students (Section 2) should not be longer than 750 words.
- Entries should be typed in 12 Times New Roman font, on A4 paper size, with pages numbered.
- All entries should include:
- student’s name,
- grade at school,
- contact information: phone and email
- story title,
- followed by the story.
- Optionally, include your pen-name, only if you do not wish your story to be published under your real name.
- Entries must be student’s own work, unpublished and not having won any other competition.
- All entries should be submitted as separate Word documents and not as scanned documents.
- Entries should be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject line: Writing Competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing for your work to be published in the Great Lakes Advocate, Tell Me a Story website and presented at the Lake Street Gallery, Forster.
Story writing is fun! Be as creative as you like.
We look forward to reading your writing adventures.
All personal contact information is kept confidential by Tell Me a Story competition organisers. The reviewers are only given access to submitted stories and grade at school.